Manga is a Japanese word for comics and cartoons in print. (Anime, on the other hand, is an animated cartoon for TV or film). Although the manga is basically a cartoon, manga holds a higher place in Japanese culture than comics carried out in American society. Manga is respected both as art and as a popular literature form. In fact, many adult populations in Japan read manga and several major manga magazines in Japan sell several million copies every week.
This will tell you that manga is not only children’s items.
What kind of story will you interest?
A boiled detective was hired to find a lost girl?
A world is dominated by hybrids โดจิน of humans after the apocalyptic war in 2054?
A Boy-Meets-Girl-Meets-Wheel-Robot Adventure?
A historic drama revolved around General Genpei war shadow?
A successful journalist who took a handsome homeless man as a pet when his fiance left him?
There are hundreds of stories to be chosen in the manga book and there is something that serves everyone’s tastes. Furthermore, many manga titles combine images and frames artfully with nuanced stories to read very entertaining and addictive.
Manga is generally categorized into different genres. The most popular includes:
– Shonen manga for boys and boys
– Shojo manga for girls and teenagers
– Kodomo for children
– Redisu for adult women
– Seinen for adult men
– Jidimono is a historic drama
– Suiri is a crime and murder
– Ecchi is erotic costs
So, how do you start with manga? Easy.
1. Walk to the store. Most of the sellers of large books have sections dedicated to manga, but to actually get various titles, try a comic bookstore. Either way, manga books usually have color in color and maybe some of the first pages too, but the rest of the story is usually black and white.
2. Look at books, read a little. Stop when you find something you like and go home.
3. If you feel comfortable with exploring the internet, read the online manga first. Do a search for one of the many directories of the online manga site and scan these sites for interesting titles. Many sites will really show manga and text books – from the website.
Remember that when you read the manga, you read the frame from right to left. Often, when you open the manga – just as you will book a regular book – there are often pages that will tell you how to read it.
Give some titles manga a try to feel what you like. After you find the title you like, you can search more the same or similar titles with the publisher. Look for the English Publisher website on the front of the book, then check the site – it might contain a description of all their books and maybe even a few samples online.